Job DescriptionApply Now
Physical Therapy AsistantJob ID 6333658 Date posted 11/27/2017
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrates respect for, adherence to and promotion of the mission and philosophy of Erickson Living.
2. Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations, APTA and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
3. Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
4. Consistently and appropriately responds to the needs and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.
5. Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environment for residents, families and staff.
6. Participate in facility and department meetings as appropriate.
7. Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
8. Demonstrates strong time-management skills to efficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care delivery responsibilities.
9. Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
10. Document services and billing completed accurately, in a timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
11. Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicated to patient and to family, if appropriate.
12. Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
13. Provide delivery of PT services in accordance with the primary PT patient Plan of Care (POC) in compliance with state regulations that pertain to physical therapy assistants (PTAs)
14. Communicate residents physical therapy needs to physical therapists, or appropriate staff members
15. Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to document (both hand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement and regulatory requirements.
• Reasonable typing and computer skills required.
• Must be able to speak clearly, be understood by customers and hear conversational speech.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of an associate’s degree in physical therapy assistant program is required. Degree and training must meet current Medicare and state personnel requirements for Physical Therapy Assistants.
• Current CPR Certification
• Need to utilize good reasoning and judgment skills to provide treatment in accordance with the established plans of care.
• Must be able to accurately complete documentation, billing, and timesheets.
• Experience in therapeutic care of the older adult across multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.
Intermittent supervision of rehabilitation technicians and physical therapy assistant students may be required in accordance with State regulations.
Must be able to document (both hand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement and regulatory requirements. Reasonable typing and computer skills required. Must be able to speak clearly, be understood by customers and hear conversational speech.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Possess a valid current state license (for state in which the community provides service) in physical therapy, where applicable.
• Must meet CEU requirements to maintain valid state licensure in the state in which the community provides service.
• Current CPR Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A therapist must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the floor to waist and be able to transport a resident in a wheelchair and walk for long distances or periods or time while pushing weights up to 250 pounds. Therapists must also be able to kneel, bend from waist to floor, stoop, twist torso laterally in all directions, and grasp small and large objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.