Job DescriptionApply Now
Registered Nurse- Per DiemJob ID 4279971 Date posted 03/21/2017
Responsible for the direct observation of residents' condition and assessing the need for appropriate intervention. Provides nursing care according to established policies and procedures, develop and implements the residents plan of and participates in the evaluation of care. Supervises various nursing personnel on a regular basis.
1. Documents residents’ responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions, including the administration of PRN medications
2. Demonstrates the ability to develop an individualized care plan by utilizing the MDS assessment and care planning process
3. Follows through with clinical and psychosocial issues as evidenced by contacting the appropriate individual(s) in a timely manner
4. Carries through with comprehensive documentation qs until resolution of clinical or psychosocial issues
5. Supervision, documentation and direct resident care as delineated in the Charge Nurse Responsibilities Guidelines (see attached)
6. Ensure that the CNAs refer to residents’ care plans prior to administering care to the resident
7. Makes daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
8. Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by nursing staff and to evaluate the residents’ physical and emotional status
9. Plans, supervises, and instructs other staff members work.
10. Knowledge of when to seek help or guidance from immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person
11. Makes daily rounds on each resident and initiates concurrent review procedure when appropriate
12. Prepares monthly rounds sheet and participates in rounds
13. Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as necessary
14. Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times
15. Complete incident reports as necessary
16. Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment / care plans / service plans, as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed by State as a Nurse. CPR certification required.