Job DescriptionApply Now
EMT Certified Security Officer EveningsJob ID 6176534 Date posted 11/04/2017
SUMMARY: Responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs under the direction of the Supervisor to include; Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach. This position performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service. The Security and Emergency Services Officer III, delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
2. Daily interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and grounds.
3. Driving of the Security vehicle.
4. Staffs gatehouse to ensure the screening of visitors, residents and employees.
5. Performs enforcement of traffic and parking regulations.
6. Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment and treatment according to standards of care.
7. Responds to routine requests for service.
8. Responds to reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity
9. Documents accidents involving vehicles, employees, residents, visitors, and property.
10. Assists with searches of missing residents
11. Completes thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
12. Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA code compliance.
13. Responds and assists in Community Emergencies, including but not limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats and evacuations.
14. Utilizes local police, fire, and EMS, effectively during emergencies.
15. Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A positive attitude and willingness to work with a diverse population.
• Detail-oriented and dependable.
• Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
• Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family
members, staff, vendors and each other.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a Security and
Emergency Services Officer.
• Ability to write detailed, concise, and professional incident reports.
• Ability to operate Security vehicles.
• Ability to work with computer systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Prior experience in Security and Emergency Services or related field is preferred.
• 1 year prior experience as an Emergency Medical Technician is preferred.
• Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy) is required.
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
2. Current CPR for Healthcare Providers or equivalent.
3. Current certification/license as an Emergency Medical Technician .
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walking, standing, running, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, stooping, carrying and ability to lift up to 50lbs., over 50lbs. must use the aid of an assistive device or get assistance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Includes all areas of the Community, both indoors and outdoors such as; gatehouse, security vehicles, outside walking areas, parking lots, corridors, apartments, offices, commercial kitchens, mechanical rooms, storage rooms, and stairwells. *This list is representative and does not include every possible area within the Community.
• May reasonably anticipate coming into contact with bodily fluids which may be potentially infectious. Individuals in this position are required to exercise standard precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices when necessary, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
ROUTINE DECISION MAKING:
• Makes triage, and treatment decisions based on patient assessments and approved protocols
• Makes determinations as to when 911 activation is required
• Determines when to notify supervisor based on circumstances, severity of incident and policy requirements
• Makes decisions regarding Campus access by visitors, contractors, etc.
FORMAL POLICY-SETTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides input into policies
This position may require protecting and safeguarding of confidential information.