Job DescriptionApply Now
Line CookJob ID 5827808 Date posted 09/27/2017
Do you have the talent, motivation and drive to join Erickson Living’s growing dining services team? This is an exciting time as we have recently launched a new signature dining program that will include: restaurant style dining, from scratch cooking, intimate dining venues, increased daily menu options, in the moment cooking, and chef-inspired culinary creations. Do you want the excitement of a fast-paced kitchen but the satisfaction of making a true difference in people’s lives? Are you committed to excellence and passionate about the work you do?
Ann’s Choice is an Erickson Living continuing care retirement community located in Warminster, PA, in the heart of beautiful Bucks County. We are currently interviewing qualified applicants to fill several open culinary positions. We hire engaged and self-motivated individuals seeking to join our resident-focused team. Our employees experience an exceptional work environment, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits. At Erickson Living we strive to be the most valued and trusted leader in senior housing and services through operational excellence, integrated senior health and wellness, and a commitment to the Erickson Way culture and values. Some of the many resident amenities include: three on-site restaurants, a fitness center, transportation, 24-hour concierge services, on-site security and medical team, and a performing arts theater.
Ann's Choice is seeking a line cook who will be responsible for pre-preparation, station set up, preparation and service to order of menu items for breakfast, lunch and dinner service that will be cooked as ordered by a resident or customer. Menu item preparation can include any hot food, cold food and baked items. Completes the assigned meal production schedule. Work station assignments may include but not limited to:
Short Order Cook
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and Vision statement.
2. Prepares ingredients for assigned menu items as scheduled. Sets up station prior to scheduled meal service.
3. Quickly prepares all assigned menu items food products as ordered, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
4. Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and prepares and presents foods as ordered.
5. Anticipates orders during peak service time to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
6. Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal, quality, temperature, and freshness.
7. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
8. Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule using ‘clean as you go’ approach. Completes assigned equipment and station cleaning schedule.
9. Ensures communication with expeditor, fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of assigned menu items.
10. Assures proper portioning, plating, temperature, garnishing and presentation of food items.
11. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
12. Communicates appropriately and effectively with all food service staff, supervisors. Listens effectively and responds appropriately to feedback.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned station in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete menu item production for assigned meal period.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
• Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work station. Completes cleaning assignments.
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Minimum of one year cook to order experience required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
• Complete repetitive tasks such as slicing, dicing, peeling, mixing, cutting, serving,
• Ability to safely lift and/or move, using designated safety equipment, objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Talk, hear, smell, taste
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
• Speaking, thinking, evaluating, writing, learning new skills and information
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays