Job DescriptionApply Now
Memory Care Manager - 5 Star Rated CommunityJob ID 6398327 Date posted 12/05/2017
Ann's Choice, an Erickson Living Community in Warminister, PA, is looking for a Memory Care Manager for its new Memory Care neighborhood. The Memory Care Manager will overseethe management and performance of the 44 bed Memory Care neighborhood as well as supportsthe incorporation of Memory Care services throughout the Skilled Nursing andAssisted Living Neighborhoods. Responsibilitieswill include:
- Conducts pre-residency assessments and screening of potential residents and makes recommendations for appropriate level of residency in conjunction with the Admissions Committee and other team members.
- Responsible for evaluating the psychosocial and activity of daily living (ADL) needs of residents in Memory Care and coordinating care and services as needed.
- Responsible for mentoring/monitoring the successful engagement of activities for residents with cognitive impairment throughout the Continuum of Care.
- Leads a holistic, Person-Centered approach to assessment and service/care planning.
- Partners with Assisted Living Manager to develop support groups and educational programming opportunities for residents and family members in the Memory Care neighborhood. Partners with Independent Living and Post-Acute Social Workers to effectively support Residents transitioning between levels of care.
- Maintains a working knowledge and ensures compliance of Federal, State, and local regulations, as well as facility policies regarding Memory Care (and level of care – LTC or ALF).
- Participates in the program development and strategic planning for Memory Care operations.
- Must be available some evenings, weekends and holidays to provide support and to assist at Continuing Care operations. May be subject to call-backs during emergency conditions (e.g. severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster etc.).
•Social Work degree or degree in related field isrequired.
•Greater than 3 years related experience and/or trainingin long term care/assisted living required.
•Greater than 3 years related experience in providingservices for residents with cognitive impairment and or managing/leading aMemory Care neighborhood required.
•Demonstration of progressive approaches to supportingand enhancing the quality of life for seniors with cognitive impairment.
•Must demonstrate knowledge of geriatric population andthe aging process; including the physical, psychological and social needs ofthe elderly.