Job DescriptionApply Now
Prep CookJob ID 6296878 Date posted 11/20/2017
Ann's Choice is seeking a Prep Cook who is responsible for items listed on the work station prep sheet, to include hot and cold items. Works with cooks to expand knowledge in an effort to accept responsibility of cooks function in their absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and Vision statement.
2. Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste.
3. Assists in preparing all food products as scheduled in the cycle menu (including therapeutic and mechanically altered recipes as scheduled), to include regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
4. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
5. Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
6. Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors and listens effectively.
7. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events.
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in food preparation required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
• Complete repetitive tasks such as slicing, dicing, peeling, mixing, cutting, serving,
• Ability to safely lift and/or move, using designated safety equipment, objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Talk, hear, smell, taste
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
• Speaking, thinking, evaluating, writing, learning new skills and information
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment