Job DescriptionApply Now
Wait Staff- Experienced-Day ShiftJob ID 6296884 Date posted 11/20/2017
SUMMARY:Wait Staff areresponsible for serving residents and guest meals in a friendly,service-oriented manner. The waitstaff records and inputs into the POS systembeverage and food orders, delivers and serves food, ensures exceptional guestservice. This position requires the ability to multi task with a sense ofurgency. Assignments can include Wait Staff, Busser, Runner, Meal Plater,Cateringand Utility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includethe following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Greets guests promptly as they arrive at their table.
- Records accurate food and beverage orders and input into the POS system.
- Explains how menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. Makes recommendations.
- Informs guests of daily specials.
- Carrys service tray in correct placement of orders to facilitate service of food and beverages.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Completes bussing, runner, meal plater, utility and catering duties as assigned.
- Handles guest complaints in a positive and professional manner
- Flexible with job duties.
- As assigned works all shifts and holidays.
- Able to work in a high pace environment.
- As assigned, performs catering function set up, break down and service.
- Organizes tasks and completes all assigned tasks. Ability to perform tasks concurrently.
- Maintains front of house and kitchen sanitation requirements.
- Understands and complies with all company safety policies.
- Reports to work on time and in complete uniform.
- Communicates appropriately with supervisors and dining room staff. Listens and follows up effectively.
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
Ability to serve meals,understand guests special requests, and follow through with the service processin a friendly manner.
Employee will be required to workweekends and holidays.