SUMMARY: Serves as community liaison for resident inquiries/issues related to accounts receivable and billing. Performs reviews of resident files and admission paperwork including data entry of admission information into billing/census software. Maintains daily census data and performs research as needed. Processes accounts payable invoices and manages cash deposits. Performs special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Performs customer service for residents, serving as Community accounts receivable contact for resident billing.
2. Independently handles day-to-day resident billing inquiries.
3. Processes resident monthly statements.
4. Works with the finance department, other Community departments, and outside vendors to resolve resident billing issues that are often sensitive or confidential in nature.
5. Completes audit of new resident files through use of audit checklist. Provides management and maintenance of all resident files.
6. Performs data entry of admission information and completes ongoing updates as needed of resident profiles/information into Vision software.
7. Maintains and updates daily Vision census and performs research to ensure accuracy of census data.
8. Handles special projects as assigned by Director of Finance/Community Financial Analyst, such as generating G/L reports, analyzing G/L detail, composing and sending letters to residents/vendors, and assisting with budget process.
9. Processes accounts payable invoices and manages cash deposits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft office products.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated customer service skills.
· Strong time management and organization skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED required. College degree with coursework in accounting/business preferred.
· Experience with a Census Management Software/Tool is a plus.
· Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently required to walk, sit, and talk/hear.
· Occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Typical office setting with a generally moderate noise level.
· Consistently makes decisions on behalf of the Finance office with Finance Director consultation, including decisions regarding training for new roles, managing communication to resident population, dining flex meal program, refund updates, community promotion and implementation, and third-party billing transfer approvals.
FORMAL POLICY-SETTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides input into policies.
This position may require protecting and safeguarding of confidential information.