Erickson Living is seeking qualified candidates for and Accounts Receivable Manager position that will be responsible for overseeing the pursuit of complete, accurate and timely full revenue cycle processes for assigned skilled nursing facilities and ancillary business lines. This individual will be responsible for the daily management of staff in an effort to ensure the overall revenue cycle is optimized and serves as the liaison in responding to accounts receivable inquiries for solution of billing issues or for information or interpretation from third parties.
- Oversees the accurate and timely pre-billing review, billing, follow up, and cash posting of charges for assigned communities and business lines.
- Oversee monthly billing and assures billing is accurate; analyzes and reconciles accounts receivable data and transactions in a timely manner; initiates contact with various parties regarding accounts receivable invoices as needed.
- Ensure collections are being managed properly; determine appropriate corrective action to take when confronted with accounts receivable discrepancies; takes initiative to assure that corrective action is completed.
- Resolve bank reconciliation variances and review and approve write-offs and adjustments.
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Management team and Community A/R review calls. Be prepared with relevant information, analysis, and suggestions. Track action items from the meetings and follow up.
- Review and enhance billing, collection, and cash posting processes for efficiency and best practice; ensure systems are fully functional and maximized and recommends new processes to improve current work flow.
- Work with team members in a matrix environment to improve all business processes, training materials, data clean-up, and on-going support.
- Follows up with staff members on quality processes, such as audit accuracy pre-bill review, billing timeliness and accuracy, working denials, filing appeals, etc.
Business Performance Management
- Work with leadership to define and manage daily, weekly and monthly KPIs to ensure team is performing at expected level throughout the month.
- Prepare and review weekly and quarterly reporting to identify problem areas to work on and to ensure that the team is on track to reach all of its goals. Examples of reporting would include denial reporting, collection notes reports, aging reports, credit and “at risk” claims report, and a weekly dashboard report.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Accounting, Business Administration or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in accounts receivable, general accounting or other related experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of managing and/or training experience is required.
- Experience with billing for skilled nursing facility, Certified Home Health, Hospice, Rehab, EMS services is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of claims clearinghouse system preferred.