Greenspring is looking for a Program Assistant who will stimulate the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the residents residing in Continuing Care. This position will also provide therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
Person Centered Care Summary:
The Continuing Care team is committed to serving residents in all aspects of their daily lives and assisting with the day to day functioning of the neighborhood. Members of the Continuing Care team will develop relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the residents’ physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the residents first.
Purpose of This Position:
1. Lead group and individual activities both structured and impromptu in activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
2. Work collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, and families to deliver programs and activities designed to enhance the resident experience.
3. Prepare various activity programs according to the schedule and guidance by the Program Manager.
4. Generates program supply lists, maintains supply levels and ensures safe operation and functionality of equipment.
5. Participate in team discussions regarding activity programming, weekly schedules, special events, trips, staff scheduling, and resident issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• No experience necessary.
• Experience working with the elderly preferred.
• Flexible work schedule including weekend and evenings as appropriate is required.