The Activities Assistant will stimulate the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the residents residing in Continuing Care. Assess for the resident’s needs/desires related to purposeful engagement and providing therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents. Completes state required documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
1. Uses independent judgement to design, plan and facilitate various structured and impromptu programs to individuals and groups in the common areas and resident rooms.
2. Escorts and ensures the safety of the residents on group trips and excursions.
3. Work collaboratively with other team members, management, volunteers, and families to deliver programs and activities designed to enhance the resident experience.
4. Routinely monitors changes in the resident’s needs, abilities and preferences to provide programs and activities appropriate for individual and group audiences.
5. Generates program supply lists, maintains supply levels and ensures safe operation and functionality of equipment.
6. Collects and records information by conducting interviews and reviewing documentation for assessments.
7. Consistently maintains proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service plans/care plans and generates the MDS documentation and assessments.
8. Participates in team discussions regarding resident programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident issues.
9. Participates in care and service conferences providing vital information to the resident and significant others regarding programming involvement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years working as an Activities Assistant in a licensed health care facility is required.
• Experience leading groups of people with varying levels of physical and cognitive independence is required. Experience with the elderly is preferred.
• Flexible work schedule including weekend and evenings as appropriate is required.