At Highland Springs, an Erickson Living community, we create communities where residents want to live and employees want to work. Our employees experience an exceptional work environment as a member of a passionate and caring team.The Program Assistant CC will stimulate the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the residents residing in Continuing Care. Provide therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
Person Centered Care Summary:
The Continuing Care team is committed to serving residents in all aspects of their daily lives and assisting with the day to day functioning of the neighborhood. Members of the Continuing Care team will develop relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the residents’ physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the residents first.
Through daily interactions, the Continuing Care team develops firsthand knowledge about the residents’ values, needs, preferences, and life history. Members of the Continuing Care team provide hospitable care and services to the residents, treating them as individuals with strengths and gifts and actively listening to their voice in what care and services we provide.
1. Lead group and individual activities both structured and impromptu in activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
2. Work collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, families and community groups.
3. Assess resident’s needs and limitations on an on-going basis for program planning and written assessment forms and MDS.
4. Design, plan and prepare various activity programs using your own skills and areas of specialty.
5. Generate activity supply lists and maintain supplies and equipment in a safe and functional order.
6. Consistently maintain proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service plans/care plans and MDS as needed.
7. Participate in team discussions regarding activity programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident issues.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Activities Assistant III – Generate the MDS documentation and assessments.
Compassion, Customer Focus, Managing Diversity, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, and Patience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Experience working with elderly, understanding of the dementia process, group leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, independent thinker, self-motivated, organized, flexible and dependable employee.