Seabrook, an Erickson Living Retirement Community in Tinton Falls, is looking for a Health Care Counselor to join our admissions team. All of our residents live within our award winning campus, creating an environment where you can be part of their journey throughout their continuum of care.
The Health Care Counselor is responsible for developing and maintaining maximum census in Continuing Care by selling to prospective external and current internal residents. The Health Care Counselor interfaces with residents, family members, department managers, nursing staff, resident services, social workers, accounting, medical staff, and sales while maintaining all confidential information regarding the residents.
How you will make an impact:
• Tours prospective external residents and current internal residents through Continuing Care, offering an overview of the community, health care offerings, pricing, amenities and availability.
• Initiates and maintains contact with standby list members with the goal of reoccupying available Continuing Care units.
• Supervises the coordination of move-in dates/admissions and transfer of resident throughout the continuum.
• Notifies the physician, Director of Nursing, and Administrator of any medically complex resident seeking admission.
• Trains, develops, and manages the Admission Team by holding weekly/monthly informational and developmental meetings to include Medicare and Medicaid coverage changes, Managed Care information and other pertinent information for family members considering admission to Continuing Care.
• Coordinates and supervises outreach efforts and networking inside and outside the community.
• Oversees all aspects of the move-in process for Continuing Care (insurance verification, paperwork distribution, room turnover, etc).
What we offer:
• Competitive benefit packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
• Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
• Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age.
• A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
• Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and insurance benefits in long-term care setting.
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
• 2 years’ experience in related field required.
• Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.