Looking for a place to work with great benefits, competitive pay and a positive working environment? Then join our team at Riderwood Village a premier Retirement Community!
Riderwood, an Erickson Living community in Silver Spring MD, is hiring an Assistant Dining Manager, reporting directly to the General Manager.
Bring your passion for great food to our restaurants where scratch cooking and chef-inspired culinary creations set us apart from our competitors.
- Oversight of all aspects of meal service and overall efficiency of the kitchen, dining room, café, private dining and catering areas.
- Ensure all aspects of the restaurant and café meet company standards, goals, measurements and regulatory requirements.
- Supervision and development of the dining and café staff. Evaluate, train, hire and develop restaurant staff, café staff and supervisors.
- Ensuring proper service standards, proper portioning and attractive plate presentations.
- Organizing and participating in dining events such as the Shrimp Boil, Chef Apprentice Demonstrations, Cook-Offs, Kitchen Tours and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Satisfies residents with dining services including, but not limited to, the quality of food served, quality of service, and overall sanitation of the Dining Room and Kitchen.
- Supervises the overall efficiency of dining room and cafe operations/experience through effective supervision.
- Supervises, schedules, evaluates, trains, hires, disciplines and develops all restaurant staff, cafe staff, and supervisors.
- Maintains effective communication with all staff, residents and guests.
- Supervises organization and sanitation of restaurant, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
- Ensures proper portioning of foods, attractive plate presentation and service standards.
- Supervises opening and closing of food service operation.
- Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Shows professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- Must be willing to participate in resident and employee satisfaction programs and activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to supervise multiple dining rooms concurrently involving large number of employees while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dining service techniques, customer relations, plate presentations, sanitation and food handling.
- Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in dining room management, service and sanitation is required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality. Dietetics experience may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
- College courses in restaurant management, dietetics or nutrition preferred.
Restaurant and Café Staff