2. Implements systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental business plan and is aware of and addresses any changes in the financial climate that may affect the budget. Controls food, labor, and nonfood costs.
3. Achieves customer (resident, guest, and employee) satisfaction goals.
4. Purchases services and approved products following company standards.
5. Interfaces with the Catering/Events department regarding the planning and production of catered functions and events. Coordinates public room bookings with Catering/Events department.
6. Assists the Director of Dining Services with assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the department¢s goals and objectives.
7. Ensures proper staffing levels for department. Makes hiring and employee discipline decisions. Develops, manages, trains, and evaluates employees, managers, and supervisors. Ensures compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures.
8. Ensures that all services and programs (food service and clinical) are in compliance with federal, state and/or local regulations, laws and statutes.
9. Maintains productive and positive relationships with all members of the IL and Continuing Care interdisciplinary and leadership teams.
10. Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
11. Effectively utilizes computer programs required by the Dining Department including HR, finance and food production systems.
12. Shows professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
· Minimum of five years food service management experience required, including production, service and sanitation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics or Institutional Management may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
· College Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred.
· Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additional certifications required by federal, state and/or local regulations.
· Must be available to relocate for available positions.