Erickson Living is searching for an Assistant Director of
Finance in our Seabrook Village community; it is intended to be a developmental
role for a promotion to Director of Finance. In this role, the Assistant
Director of Finance will get acclimated to Erickson’s business model, culture,
and processes within the organization. This position should be available for
relocation to other Erickson managed or owned properties.
The Assistant Director of Finance is the key business partner to the Director of Finance and the Community Leadership Team at the Community. The position has overall responsibility for the supporting the Director of Finance in the following areas for the Community: establish and maintain comprehensive accounting controls and efficient procedures, review and analysis of all financial reports, support the financial needs of operations, assist the internal audit and compliance functions, assist in identification and resolution of business and enterprise risks, assist in the establishment of policies and procedures for financial operations, assist in the continuous development of accounting staff and construct an environment of learning and career enhancement. Additional responsibilities include facilitating the process for generating a logical and meaningful business plan and quarterly updates, and liaise with central services in the preparation of financial reporting and accounting functions
- Recruit, train and develop all personnel in the department.
- Perform timely, informative evaluations for direct reports and approve salary adjustments for all department personnel. Ensure wage guidelines are followed appropriately.
- Review the final financial statements for management and external reporting.
- Review tax return schedules and other matters relating to the tax returns.
- Devise and implement procedures to meet the business planning needs and quarterly updates for the Community.
- Review monthly financial statements, and related management reporting to effectively highlight critical issues, risks (including business and enterprise risks), trends, and opportunities.
- Provide financial and business support to the Executive Director/Director of Operations and the Community Management Team.
- Perform internal audit and compliance testing as per the Audit/Compliance Plan
- Oversee and/or prepare special projects as requested by Management.
- Interact with Central Services and Community financial staff to ensure effective coordination, communication and support among communities/entities.
- Establish policies and procedures that ensure adequacy of internal controls and effectiveness in providing financial services to the Community.
- Perform special business analysis to highlight business/systems issues and recommend solutions to enhance Community performance.
- Must have the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Critical thinking ability required.
- Must be able to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues.
- Must have the ability to quickly process issues and be able to clearly communicate thoughts.
- Must be available for relocation to other Erickson managed or owned properties.
- 4 year college degree. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance required.
- CPA/MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years in related/similar industry with at least the last 5+ years in a management/supervisory role.