SUMMARY: Manages all aspects of meal time service and the overall efficiency of the CB kitchen, cafe, dining room, private dining room and catering. Responsible for overall supervision of all Dining Room and Cafe Staff, (including training, evaluating and disciplining).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers
Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
Ability to provide direction for multiple locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
2. Satisfies residents with dining services including, but not limited to, the quality of food served, quality of service, and overall sanitation of the Dining Room and Kitchen.
3. Supervises the overall efficiency of dining room and cafe operations/experience.
4. Supervises, schedules, evaluates, trains, hires, disciplines and develops all restaurant staff, cafe staff, and supervisors.
5. Maintains effective communication with all staff, residents and guests.
6. Supervises organization and sanitation of restaurant, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
7. Ensures proper portioning of foods, attractive plate presentation and service standards.
8. Supervises opening and closing of food service operation.
9. Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
10. Shows professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
11. Performs any duty requested by Management to ensure the effective and efficient operation of Erickson Living.
12. Ensures all aspects of restaurant and café service meet company standards, goals and measurements.
13. Must be willing to participate in resident and employee satisfaction programs and activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
- Complete repetitive tasks such as slicing, dicing, peeling, mixing, cutting, serving,
Routinely lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds (all other managers)
Talk, hear, smell, taste
Ability to travel considerable distance across campus
Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
Speaking, thinking, evaluating, instructing, calculating, writing, use of computer, learning new skills and information, training skills and information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to supervise multiple dining rooms concurrently involving large number of employees while meeting regulatory requirements.
Comprehensive knowledge of dining service techniques, customer relations, plate presentations, sanitation and food handling.
Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum of three years’ experience in dining room management, service and sanitation is required.
Bachelors’ degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality. Dietetics experience may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
College courses in restaurant management, dietetics or nutrition preferred.
Restaurant and Café Staff
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current (applicable) food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.