Erickson Living is currently one of the largest senior housing developers and managers in the United States and ideally positioned for continued growth. We are expanding and developing in all of our 20 communities. As our company continues to grow a number of leadership positions have become available in various locations throughout the country. We are currently searching for an Associate Executive Director to join our executive leadership team at our Green Spring Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Springfield,VA.These individuals will be hired as Associate Executive Directors (AED) in one of our communities with the expectation that they will eventually be promoted into an Executive Director role at a community within the Erickson Living family.
This individual will be assisting the Executive Director in facilitation and coordination of various teams of management, leadership and executive in providing vision and leadership for the community; achieving company-wide objectives for quality care and services; achieving revenue, cost and profitability targets; resident/community public relations; staff development.
The Associate Executive Director Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Review financials and assist in strategies for meeting budgets with Executive Director and Controller.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings for the Executive Team.
- Speaking at marketing events and other public relations and involvement outside of the community.
- Facilitates initiatives and projects that require multi-departmental collaboration or task forces.
- Involvement with Board of Directors of the community.
- Oversees risk management and insurance programs for the community.
- Plans and coordinates implementation of and response to resident and employee satisfaction surveys.
- Monitors and participates in resident transition process.
- Develops, tracks, and reports on Administration department budget.
- Contributes to various community communications tools such as newsletters and resident channel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of five years management experience with progressively more responsible positions, preferably in CCRCs, healthcare, hospitals, hospitality and other customer-focused industries.
Due to the growth plans for the company, we need candidates who have flexibility for travel and relocation. In order to be considered for one of our leadership development opportunities, candidates must be able to move up within the next five years. Relocation assistance will be provided.