The Campus Security Officer is responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs under the direction of the Supervisor to include; Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach. This position performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service.
Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned:
- Conducts daily interior and exterior patrols of the building and grounds.
- Driving of the Security vehicle.
- Staffs gatehouse to ensure the screening of visitors, residents and employees.
- Performs enforcement of traffic and parking regulations.
- Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment and treatment according to standards of care.
- Responds to routine requests for service and reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity
- Documents accidents involving vehicles, employees, residents, visitors, and property.
- Assists with searches of missing residents
- Completes thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
- Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA code compliance.
- Expected to respond and assist in Community Emergencies, including but limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats and evacuations.
- Utilizes local police, fire, and EMS, effectively during emergencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to write detailed, concise, and professional incident reports.
Ability to operate Security vehicles.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in Security and Emergency Services or related field (preferred)
- 1 year prior experience in an Emergency Responder role (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Requires current and valid state’s driver license.
Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a Company vehicle.
Requires current First Aid, CPR, AED certification
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment*