Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, MD. 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
Our catering department is looking for servers that are responsible for serving residents and guest meals in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
The server sets up the banquet room, buffet and ensures the function is ready for service. This position requires the ability to multi task with a sense of urgency. Assignments can include Serving, Busser, Runner, Meal Plater, Catering and Utility.
The schedule for this position will vary based on timing of special events. We are seeking candidates who are available during the daytime most days of the week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Greets guests promptly as they arrive at their table.
- Records accurate food and beverage orders and input into the POS system.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Completes bussing, runner, meal plater, utility and catering duties as assigned.
- Handles guest complaints in a positive and professional manner
- Flexible with job duties.
- As assigned works all shifts, including weekend.
- Able to work in a high pace environment.
- As assigned, performs catering function set up, break down and service.
- Organizes tasks and completes all assigned tasks. Ability to perform tasks concurrently.
- Maintains front of house and kitchen sanitation requirements.
- Understands and complies with all company safety policies.
- Reports to work on time and in complete uniform including company badge.
- Communicates appropriately with managers and dining room staff. Listens and follows up effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to serve meals, understand guests special requests, and follow through with the service process in a friendly manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience in a kitchen/service environment preferred.