Share your gifts and talents with one of the 2017 NJ Best Place to Work employers! Seabrook, is a luxurious campus, situated on 98 acres and conveniently located in the Jersey Shore area. We have leading edge technology in nursing and state of the art kitchens in Dining. We are a member of the Erickson Living family, a premier provider of Continuing Care Retirement Communities nationwide.
SUMMARY: A Home Support Aide is a qualified individual who carries out social, personal and non-medical care tasks and who may also provide assistance with housekeeping and other related supportive tasks to a Resident in his/her place of residence. The aide may perform other tasks permissible under State scope of practice and regulatory guidelines.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists clients with personal care and activities of daily living in a calm, professional and proficient manner; respecting residents’ privacy, dignity and safety.
- Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
- Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
- Effectively implements individualized resident care plans.
- Escorts Resident to appointments.
- Prepares and serves meals according to instructions.
- Keeps the rooms the Resident uses clean, including making bed, changing bed linens, dusting, vacuuming, washing dishes, tidying kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
- Shops or does errands for Resident.
- Washes Resident's laundry.
- Notifies office in a timely fashion, of any change in a resident’s condition.
- Adheres to all department policies, procedures, and care standards.
- Maintains competency in the required job skills and knowledge.
- Dresses in appropriate uniform at all times. Visibly displays ID Badge at all times.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Adheres to and promotes the mission and philosophy of The Erickson Way.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates maturity.
- Able to read and write English in order to understand and carry out directions and instructions and maintain simple records.
- Has recent experience in personal care and homemaking.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a basic understanding of the duties of a home support aide and the needs of the Resident.
- Able to accept and use supervision.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified as a Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, Geriatric Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Aide, or as per State and Federal law and regulations.