The Certified Medicine Aide accurately administers and documents medications ordered by Medical Staff and performs all tasks as indicated in the Geriatric Nursing Assistant role.
Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned.
- Effectively implements individualized resident care plans.
- Responds in a timely fashion to all resident requests.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation on resident notes.
- Conducts accurate, completed skin assessments and reports changes immediately, including bathing activities.
- Maintains schedule of 2 hour intervals for resident rounds for toileting, repositioning, assessing hydration, etc. Ensures residents' rooms and property are professionally and appropriately handled.
- Manages difficult or emotional patient situations and escalates to management as appropriate, maintaining resident confidentiality and dignity at all times.
- Escorts residents as required throughout facility, in room and/or throughout community.
- Knowledgeable and follows transfer processes.
- Ability to provide range of motion, proper positioning, and assist with resident ambulation.
- Follows proper use of Standard Precautions, infection control procedures and all nursing department policies and procedures.
- Gives complete report to charge nurse/case manager as needed during the day and at the end of the shift on all residents on assignment.
- Ability/availability for intermittent weekend and holiday scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Current certification from the State Board of Nursing; active status on Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry; current proof of required CEU’s as a Certified Medicine Aide.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Geriatric Nursing Aide Certificate and placed on state registry. Certificate from and approved Medicine Aide course in the state