The Care Associate is an active, skilled member of the clinical team who is committed to providing residents with assistance and care in all aspects of their daily life, and to the overall functioning of the neighborhood.
The Care Associate provides care to the residents of the neighborhood to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
· Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
· Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
· Plans and facilitates social activities for the neighborhood residents
· Assists with menu/snack selection and partners with the Service Associate in serving to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents. Provides in-room dining experiences where requested.
· Assures the resident’s room and neighborhood are kept tidy to minimize environmental hazards which may impact environmental safety
· Administers medication, where applicable
Compassion, Customer Focus, Managing Diversity, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, and Patience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant and Certified Medication Aide as required by each state Board of Nursing.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- One year’s CNA experience preferred but not required.