Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, MD. 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
We are currently looking for an On Call Communications Specialist in our Independent Living Building. This person coordinates telephone communications services in community by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greet and direct residents, visitors, staff and handle questions/concerns efficiently
2. Operate switchboard and direct calls efficiently
3. Monitor reception area traffic-directing deliveries, packages, etc.
4. Keep accurate up to date lists of residents, alphabetically and by resident apartment
5. Keep accurate census information; hospitalizations, deaths, etc.
6. Keep accurate list of residents who are away and dates returning for Security purposes
7. Alert Security to emergencies in accurate, calm manner
8. Monitor all pull cords for independent living. Track status of resident involved in situation, i.e. transported to hospital, etc.
9. Receive emergency calls from residents and staff and dispatch appropriate personnel
10. Page on-call physicians as needed
11. Dispatch and monitor daily transportation schedule
12. Log all resident packages and notify of a package pick-up via notice in cubbie hole.
13. Assure all mail is dispatched through U.S. Mail at the end of each day.
14. Sorts and distributes all inter-office mail
15. Sends all residential faxes and copies
16. Performs any additional duty as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school or GED. Receptionist experience required.