SUMMARY: Acts as the residents’ primary contact for the creation of new activities/events and organizations (groups). Partners with residents in planning, promoting and coordinating events, activities, interest groups and educational programs/entertainment. Serves as a resource for residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Partners with residents to develop activities within the community as well as outside the gates of the community.
2. Collaborates with other pertinent departments to coordinate room usage for activities/events.
3. Performs preliminary work for monthly calendars (i.e. activities/events listings).
4. Facilitates and maintains communication regarding activities/events among residents as well as various staff.
5. Monitors bulletin boards, display cases, and Community Resources spaces.
6. Attends monthly department meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
7. Creates flyers for events, writes articles for community bulletins/newspapers, and provides clerical support, as necessary.
8. Makes resident referrals to appropriate departments, as necessary.
9. Assists with the creation, maintenance, and distribution of electronic and paper-based calendars as well as the activities and events listings and the “Community Resources Handbook.”
12. May train and coach resident volunteer production and AV teams to support the Community TV and audio visual needs for community activities.
13. May direct, produce, edit, and videotape community activities, meetings, and special projects as needed.
15. Assists with My Erickson customer service, and content management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High energy and creativity.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to handle diverse jobs under continually changing conditions and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Publisher, PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Event Management Software knowledge
- Video editing and directing skills may be required.
- Good public speaking ability.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or associate degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ service-related experience (i.e. volunteer and/or public service experience).
- Experience with the senior population preferred.
- Experience in large event planning
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk/hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment with a generally moderate noise level.
- Required to work nights and weekends occasionally.
- Some travel required, which may include exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Assessing population and scheduling appropriate programs/events.
- Other routine decisions as they pertain to the position’s essential functions.
FORMAL POLICY-SETTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May provide input into policies associated with the positions purpose and essential responsibilities.