Work with managers of Community departments to develop and prepare budgets.
Assist in the establishment of policies and procedures that ensure adequacy of internal controls.
Provide financial and business support to Operations as required.
Perform special financial analysis to highlight business opportunities/issues and recommend solutions to enhance Community performance.
Oversees the Move-Out Process and Refund of Entrance Deposits.
Completion of monthly internal financial statements for management. Effectively highlight critical issues, risks (including business and enterprise risks), trends, and opportunities.
Ensure that the monthly billing and collecting of resident and tenant accounts receivable is done accurately and effectively with proper controls and processes in place
Serve as the key point of contact for the Resident Billing processes including problem resolution.
- Knowledge of managerial finance and accounting concepts and practices.
- Knowledge in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, financial statement analysis and modeling.
- Strong proficiency with spreadsheet, database and other analytical tools.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of healthcare and senior housing preferred
- Minimum two years experience in accounting/finance required.
- BS in Accounting/Finance required.
- Must have demonstrated skills and proficiency in creating and analyzing reports.
- Microsoft Office a must
- Advanced Excel skills