Fox Run of Novi located on a picturesque 108 acres is looking for a full time Custodian. Our Custodian supports our residents by ensuring proper handling and disposal of waste, floor care and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups, as well as, assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/packages.
Help people live better lives by:
- Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
- Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
- Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
- Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
- Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
- Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
- Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and
- Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
- Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment.
- May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
What we offer:
Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees
Tuition reimbursement and career development opportunities
Fully supplied, state of the art buildings with 24-hour security
What you will need:
Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the allotted time.
Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special projects worker
Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles