Erickson Living is hiring for a Director of Accounting in our Central/Corporate Accounting department. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions for the Erickson enterprise, as well as implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that the enterprise assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and US GAAP.
How you will make an impact:
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with external auditors and applicable Community Boards.
- Oversee the preparation of all internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual financials statements.
- Ensure that the enterprise maintains, and follows, best in class policies, procedures, internal controls, segregation of duties and systems to result in reduced risk and flawless audits.
- Thoroughly research all new accounting pronouncements and lead through the adoption and communication plan for all applicable standards.
- Plan, budget and authorize applicable operating and capital expenditures.
- Hire, train, develop and retain competent accounting managers, seniors and staff.
- Create and sustain a great workplace that includes high employee morale and satisfaction, and which provides outstanding customer service and demonstrates high levels of collaboration with community and corporate colleagues.
- Responsible for the overall direction/management/engagement of the Central Accounting Services Team, the Corporate Accounting Team and the Cost Reporting Team.
What we require:
- 4 year college degree, BS/BA in Accounting/Finance required, MBA a plus.
- Active CPA required.
- 7 to 10 years in related/similar industry with at least the last 5+ years in a management/supervisory role over accounting professionals.
- Experience at an audit/CPA firm and/or with an NFP organization a plus.