Erickson Living is currently one of the largest senior housing developers and managers in the United States and ideally positioned for continued growth. We are recruiting for a Director of Finance to become part of our leadership team in our Cedar Crest community in Pompton Plains, NJ.
This job serves as the Chief Financial Officer of the Community and a member of the Community Executive Management Team. The Financial Director is the key business partner to the Executive Director. The position has overall responsibility for the following areas for the Community: establish and maintain comprehensive accounting controls and efficient procedures, review and analysis of all financial reports, to support the financial needs of operations, assist the internal audit and compliance functions, assist in identification and resolution of business and enterprise risks, assist in the establish policies and procedures for financial operations, assist in the continuous development of accounting staff and construct an environment of learning and career enhancement.
The Finance Director Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Review monthly financial statements, and related management reporting to effectively highlight critical issues, risks (including business and enterprise risks), trends, and opportunities.
- Establish policies and procedures that ensure adequacy of internal controls and effectiveness in providing financial services to the Community.
- Perform special business analysis to highlight business/systems issues and recommend solutions to enhance Community performance.
- Perform internal audit and compliance testing as per the Audit/Compliance Plan.
- Approve salary adjustments for all department personnel. Ensure wage guidelines appropriately followed.
- Facilitate the process for generating a logical and meaningful business plan and quarterly updates.
- Recruit, train and develop all personnel in the department
- Review the final financial statements for management and external reporting.
- Review tax return schedules and other matters relating to the tax returns.
- Provide financial and business support to the Executive Director/Director of Operations and the Community Management Team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 year college degree. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance required.
- CPA/MBA a plus.
- 7 to 10 years in related/similar industry with at least the last 5+ years in a management/supervisory role.
- Critical thinking ability required. Must be able to evaluate and solve complex problems and issues