The Dishwasher ensures the efficiency of food services through proper cleaning and sanitation of kitchen, dining areas, trash disposal areas, equipment, cookware, dishes, etc. Performs stock tasks as directed. Assists with meal service tasks as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Organizes, cleans and sanitizes the kitchen, dining areas, trash disposal areas, loading dock, elevators, dining storage areas, equipment, cookware, dishes, etc.
2. Follows and completes written and verbal cleaning instructions/procedures and other assignments.
3. Assists stock/utility staff person with inventory, receiving, verification, stocking and tracking.
4. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
5. Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors, and other facility staff and listens effectively.
6. Assists with meal service tasks as directed.
• Ability to follow instructions, follow through with assignments, follow cleaning and other schedules and other written information (e.g. production sheets).
• Conscientious, diligent, hard-working and flexible.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in a kitchen/food serving environment preferred, but not required.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays