SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring the safe travel of the residents, visitors, and employees of the facility. Requires licensing and certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Transporting residents, staff and visitors on scheduled, and unscheduled appointments.
2. Operates vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps, and lifts.
3. Operates passenger buses and sedans.
4. Helps to maintain cleanliness of vehicles.
5. Prepares vehicles for usage, including performing pre & post trip vehicle inspections, refueling, and other related tasks.
6. Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
7. Assisting passengers with boarding and off-boarding from the vehicle.
8. Assisting residents, staff, and visitors with their packages, bags, and mobility aid devices.
9. Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or accidents involving Company vehicles.
10. Maintain community and departmental philosophy and mission statement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the older population.
- Detail-oriented and dependable.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Ability to operate Community vehicles safely; to include passenger buses and sedans, demonstrated by successful completion of a road test.
- Ability to operate vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps and lifts, including securement systems.
- Able to read maps, follow turn by turn directions, and navigate safely in traffic.
- Acceptable history of safe driving as noted through a 3 year driving record check.
- Minimum of three 3 years of verifiable driving experience as noted through driving record check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Transportation
services preferred. .
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and write English.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Driver must be a minimum of 21 years of age to drive.
- A current and valid Commercial Driver’s License Class C (or higher) with Passenger endorsement is required. This license must be maintained as a condition of employment.
- A current and valid D.O.T. Physical/Medical Examiner’s Certificate. This certificate must be maintained as a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to grasp, reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Ability to walk long distances, stand for periods of time, push and lift at least 50 lbs., bending and stretching.
Ability to communicate with residents and staff.
Ability to distinguish smells, to hear, and to respond as needed.
Ability to remain calm under stress.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Varying types of vehicles including but not limited to; sedans, vans, shuttle buses, box trucks, and pickup trucks.