Charlestown, in Catonsville, MD is looking for a CDL Driver. This position is responsible for ensuring the safe travel of the residents, visitors, and employees of the facility. Requires licensing and certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following.
1. Transporting residents, staff and visitors on scheduled, and unscheduled appointments.
2. Operates vehicles equipped with wheelchair ramps, and lifts.
3. Operates passenger buses and sedans.
4. Helps to maintain cleanliness of vehicles.
5. Prepares vehicles for usage, including performing pre & post trip vehicle inspections, refueling, and other related tasks.
6. Logs and tracks vehicle usage.
7. Assisting passengers with boarding and off-boarding from the vehicle.
8. Assisting residents, staff, and visitors with their packages, bags, and mobility aid devices.
9. Completion of incident reports regarding mechanical failure or accidents involving Company vehicles.
• High school diploma or GED required. Transportation services preferred.
• Ability to operate Community vehicles safely; to include passenger buses and sedans, demonstrated by successful completion of a road test.
• Acceptable history of safe driving as noted through a 3 year driving record check.
• Minimum of three 3 years of verifiable driving experience as noted through driving record check.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Driver must be a minimum of 21 years of age to drive.
• A current and valid Commercial Driver’s License Class C (or higher) with Passenger endorsement is required. This license must be maintained as a condition of employment.
• A current and valid D.O.T. Physical/Medical Examiner’s Certificate. This certificate must be maintained as a condition of employment.