The Financial Analyst plays a key role in corporate and enterprise financial analysis and management reporting, enhancing management’s understanding of financial result and aiding decision making through well-articulated communications supported by thoughtful analyses of results.
Responsibilities will Include:
Provide business support to the Corporate Controller (primarily), the Corporate Finance Vice President, and other Corporate Accounting and Finance teams (both secondarily)
Assist in the preparation of the Corporate Overhead Budget and the related Annual Operating Plan process
Perform benchmark, metric and trend analysis to identify opportunities that drive stronger financial performance for the organziation
Work collaboratively with corporate and community partners to design, test and implement templates and analytical tools for use in identifying trends and forecasting financial performance
Assist the internal audit and compliance functions
Assist in organizing and updating policies and procedures related to Accounting and Finance business processes
Prepare and present ad hoc financial analysis requested
- In-depth understanding of managerial finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Expertise in the areas of budgeting, forecasting, financial statement analysis and modeling
- Strong proficiency with spreadsheet, database and other analytical tools
- Ability to communicate complex ideas both in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of healthcare and senior housing preferred
- Four-year degree in finance or accounting required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in analytical finance or accounting roles