Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned:
- Prepares ingredients for assigned menu items as scheduled. Sets up station prior to scheduled meal service.
- Quickly prepares all assigned menu item food products as ordered, to include breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and prepares and presents foods as ordered.
- Anticipates orders during peak service time to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal, quality, temperature, and freshness. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule using ‘clean as you go’ approach. Completes assigned equipment and station cleaning schedule.
- Ensures communication with expeditor, fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of assigned menu items.
- Assures proper portioning, plating, temperature, garnishing and presentation of food items.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with all food service staff, supervisors. Listens effectively and responds appropriately to feedback.
- Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned station in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete menu item production for assigned meal period.
Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work station.
Ability to commit to weekend and holiday schedules.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year cook to order experience required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Applicable food service license or certificate as required by state, local or federal regulations.