SUMMARY: Create, support and manage daily operations of all resident and employee Fitness programs. Programs include the Fitness Health Club, Aquatic Center, and educational programs and services throughout the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and manages department budget.
- Markets and promotes all Fitness Programs.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates all Fitness department staff, including employees, interns and volunteers; Coordinates schedule.
- Coordinates and maintains membership information, inventories, purchasing, scheduling, time sheets, safety inspections and other administrative matters.
- Maintains records and statistics regarding all residents and employees involved in fitness programs and promotes retention.
- Supervises and ensures efficiency of pool management company to ensure cleanliness and safety in the pool area, if applicable.
- Enhances the skills and professionalism of the Fitness department by sharing knowledge from conferences and training sessions.
- Builds relationships with residents and encourages them to be more physically active.
- Develops network within community; makes appropriate referrals to other professional services, if necessary.
- Conducts self in a safe and protective manner at all times, adhering to appropriate health and safety procedures.
- Participates in safety meetings, staff workshops and activities such as fires/disaster drills.
- Ensures safety of all equipment in the Fitness Health Club (maintenance and cleaning).
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and staff information.
- Attends Resident Life and Management Team meetings.
- Maintains community philosophy and vision.
- Willingness to be trained as a lifeguard and/or pool operator, if needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience designing, implementing and evaluating Fitness programs for senior citizens and/or special populations. Knowledge of exercise prescription, medication interaction, contraindications and risk factors for seniors and special populations. Computer experience in Windows software preferred. Computation of target heart rate zones and other exercise physiology formulas. Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Masters preferred in relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience is required..
Must be able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification and membership of at least one nationally recognized organization (i.e. ACSM, ACE, IDEA, SFA).
Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
Lifeguard and/or pool operator certification (varies by State) if performing those duties for the community.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physically assist residents and staff with exercise (support their body weight; assist persons from transferring on and off equipment).WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.