Maris Grove Retirement Community, located in DE County PA, is searching for a part time Fitness Specialist to join our team! This position requires a two day per week commitment as well as filling in for other team members during vacation times and holidays.
Under the supervision of the Wellness Manager, the Fitness Specialist will assess, develop and facilitate individual fitness programs for residents and staff members; monitor, evaluate, and support progress of each member; maintain fitness equipment; and effectively market fitness program for seniors.
How You will Impact the Team:
1. Prescribe flexibility, cardiovascular, and strength training exercises.
2. Perform fitness assessments.
3. Supervise members and attend to their needs in a friendly, polite, courteous, and professional manner.
4. Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on proper exercise techniques.
5. Take heart rates and blood pressures as needed.
6. Assist with coordination, promotion, and implementation of Wellness programs.
What you will receive:
• 401K plan participation.
• Well and sick visit coverage for visits to Employee Health & Wellness Center for employees 18+.
• Eligibility in a wide array of employee recognition programs
• Career growth and development opportunities in unique senior housing sector.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Associate's Degree in Health Education/Physical Education or related field; Bachelor's Degree in Health Related/Physical Education field with emphasis on Exercise Physiology preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year related work experience is required.
• Experience may be substituted if Bachelor's degree is in a related field.
• Certification as personal trainer/group exercise instructor is preferred.
• Knowledge of seniors, a plus.
• Knowledge of exercise prescription, medications, contraindications, and risk factors is essential.