ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Teach a wide variety of group exercise classes.
2. Prescribe flexibility, cardiovascular, and strength training exercises.
3. Perform fitness assessments.
4. Supervise members and attend to their needs in a friendly, polite, courteous, and professional manner.
5. Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on proper exercise techniques.
6. Take heart rates and blood pressures as needed.
7. Assist with coordination, promotion, and implementation of Wellness programs.
8. Communicate member news and recognition to the Wellness Manager for newsletters, press releases, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• A well trained individual who possesses and demonstrates high energy, flexibility, creativity, and good judgment is a must.
• Computer literacy in Windows software programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Associate's Degree in Health Education/Physical Education or related field; Bachelor's Degree in Health Related/Physical Education field with emphasis on Exercise Physiology preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year related work experience. Experience may be substituted if Bachelor's degree is in a related field.
• Certification through a national organization (ACSM, ACE, SFA) preferred.
• Knowledge of seniors, a plus.
• Knowledge of exercise prescription, medications, contraindications, and risk factors is essential.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating fitness programs for seniors and/or special populations a plus.
• Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• CPR certification and First Aid certification required