Oak Crest continuing care retirement community is designed exclusively for seniors. Oak Crest is situated on a scenic 87-acre campus - just 20 miles from downtown Baltimore in Parkville. Oak Crest offers a vibrant, healthy and active retirement in addition to extensive wellness and prevention programs. Oak Crest is managed by Erickson Living.
Oak Crest is currently looking for a GNA Nursing Assistant Part-Time Weekend Option day/evening 24 hours, to join the nursing department.
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this job position is to provide your assigned residents with the routine daily assistance they need in their activities of daily living, and as may be directed by your Supervisors. The position requires a rare combination of clinical skills and the psychological needs that the residents need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Effectively implements person-centered care plan, focusing on residents’ strengths.
2. Personal care is provided in a calm, professional manner, respecting residents’ privacy and dignity.
3. Shares resident preferences with other staff using appropriate communication methods.
4. Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness, keeping non-essential interruptions to a minimum in order to complete resident care priorities.
5. Accurate, complete skin assessments; reports changes to nurse immediately.
6. Complete, accurate, timely ADL assessments and documentation.
7. Notifies nurse immediately of any change in resident’s condition.
8. Adheres to all Nursing Department policies, procedures, and care standards.
9. Reports on assigned residents’ condition at the end of each shift.
10. Escorts residents when assigned.
11. Shares ideas to improve processes on the Neighborhood. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
12. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
13. Regularly visits residents in their rooms to assess needs and offer assistance.
14. Attends and actively participates with Interdisciplinary Team to identify strength based approaches and skills for assigned residents.
15. Participates in the dining experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, feeding, based on residents’ strengths.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is required.
Basic computer skills required.