1. Effectively implements person-centered care plan, focusing on residents’ strengths.
2. Personal care is provided in a calm, professional manner, respecting residents’ privacy and dignity.
3. Shares resident preferences with other staff using appropriate communication methods.
4. Demonstrates a time-conscious awareness, keeping non-essential interruptions to a minimum in order to complete resident care priorities.
5. Accurate, complete skin assessments; reports changes to nurse immediately.
6. Complete, accurate, timely ADL assessments and documentation.
7. Notifies nurse immediately of any change in resident’s condition.
8. Adheres to all Nursing Department policies, procedures, and care standards.
9. Reports on assigned residents’ condition at the end of each shift.
10. Escorts residents when assigned.
11. Shares ideas to improve processes on the Neighborhood. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
12. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
13. Regularly visits residents in their rooms to assess needs and offer assistance.
14. Attends and actively participates with Interdisciplinary Team to identify strength based approaches and skills for assigned residents.
15. Participates in the dining experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, feeding, based on residents’ strengths.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is required.
Basic computer skills required.
1 year experience in Long Term Care.
CPR certification required
Must be able to read write and understand the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception