At Charlestown retirement community located in Catonsville, MD we provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. We offer a beautiful scenic campus, a community centered on values, and workplace that inspires you to do your best every day.
Part -Time (16 hr./ EOW + 1 Day During the Week) Shifts Available
The Care Associate provides care to the residents of the neighborhood to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
• Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
• Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
• Plans and facilitates social activities for the neighborhood residents
• Assists with menu/snack selection and partners with the Service Associate in serving to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents. Provides in-room dining experiences where requested.
• Assures the resident’s room and neighborhood are kept tidy to minimize environmental hazards which may impact environmental safety
• Administers medication, where applicable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
• One year’s GNA experience required.
• Must be able to read write and understand the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current certification from the State Board of Nursing
• Active status on the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry
• Current certification in medication administration preferred.
• Current CPR certification is required within 90 days of hire.