Charlestown located in Catonsville, MD is looking for a GNA/CMT to assist residents on our Assisted Living & Memory Care Neighborhoods. This position provides support to our residents in all aspects of daily living.
Part -Time (16 hr/ EOW + 1 Eve During the Week) Shifts Available
The Care Associate provides care to the residents of the neighborhood to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the highest possible level to include:
• Provides physical assistance with activities of daily living
• Promotes psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationships
• Plans and facilitates social activities for the neighborhood residents
• Assists with menu/snack selection and partners with the Service Associate in serving to ensure adequate nutritional intake of all residents. Provides in-room dining experiences where requested.
• Assures the resident’s room and neighborhood are kept tidy to minimize environmental hazards which may impact environmental safety
• Administers medication, where applicable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Current certification from the State Board of Nursing is required.
• Current certification and active status on the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry (is required in Maryland only).
• Current certification in medication administration per State-specific regulations is required
• One to two years GNA experience is preferred.
• One to two years Medication Administration experience preferred.
• Current CPR certification