Erickson Living is seeking a dynamic Graphic Design Manager who will be responsible for high-quality creative concepting, design and production oversight and execution across a variety of marketing communication channels including print, direct mail, collateral, digital, and signage/exhibits for each of Erickson Living’s communities and corporate internal communications. In addition, this individual will oversee and delegate responsibilities to a team of designers and manages various internal design processes.
How you will make an impact:
- Act as a mentor to direct reports by providing developmental opportunities, performance reviews and evaluations as well as overall day-to-day supervision and direction.
- Management and oversight of freelance design resources including identification of top designer candidates, including logistical and administrative management and budget negotiations and tracking.
- In partnership with the Senior Director Creative, manage the work flow (assignment and delegation) of design jobs.
- Manage the design creation for corporate presentations and exhibits from conceptual phase to onsite implementation for corporate meetings, sales meetings, community openings, and other events.
- Design and execute direct mail, print, collateral, and digital presentations from concept through execution of finished product.
- Assist with the management, documentation and oversight of the brand standards and guidelines that are easily accessible to all internal and external partners.
- Conceptualize and collaborate with Creative and Strategy team members to elevate the overall creative product with an intuitive, mature approach to developing effective results-driven advertising materials that support the corporate and individual communities marketing efforts and reinforce the Erickson Living brand.
- Develop effective partnerships with departmental peers (Strategy, Communications, Pre-press, Copy, and Print Buying Teams) to ensure a collaborative process evolves into well-developed creative materials that meet the stakeholders' objectives.
- Collaborate with departmental peers to identify and execute process efficiencies.
- Manage a high volume of projects simultaneously, working within budget and scheduling requirements, ensuring that all materials are of the highest visual and technical quality, meeting, or exceeding company standards.
- Present creative work during informal creative reviews and more formal creative presentations; explaining rationale, process and methodologies.
- Develop creative mock-ups, assign print specifications, review and approve printer proofs, ensuring quality and design integrity through final printed materials.
- Execute purchase orders and do the necessary paperwork to acquire photography, artwork and supplies.
- Stay current with emerging advertising, design and CCRC industry trends and seek continuing educational opportunities to enhance skill and knowledge base and continuously strive for innovation.
- Attend various Erickson Living Community events, taking photographs and assisting with other assignments as needed.
- Art direct professional photo shoots including lifestyle, architectural, apartment, and campaign specific content.
- Art direct and produce small-scaled photo shoots for Communications channels and other corporate projects.
- Attend press checks and other vendor meetings to ensure high quality and design intent of creative work.
- Participate in cross functional team interviews and assist in on-boarding these new employees.
- Ensure the professional development and growth of direct reports.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (oral and written), presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Have an understanding and appreciation for the corporate and community brands and strive to maintain consistent and compelling brand identities across all media.
- Ability to travel as required by business needs.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s preferred or equivalent agency/corporate experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience, working as a Senior Art Director or Designer in the design/advertising/communications field in an agency and/or corporate environment required.