SUMMARY: Responsible for customer service, the coordination, scheduling and staffing of Home Support Services and partial non-clinical supervision of Home Support Aides.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Initiate referral information and admission procedures and assures timely utilization of services.
2. Evaluate and recommend services based on resident needs. Advocate for additional services and resources, as required.
3. Educate residents, families, providers about the program and services offered.
4. Manages all residents schedules for private duty services to ensure they are at the times and frequencies as requested and indicated on plan of care.
5. Works collaboratively with care providers in matching them with resident to strive for optimum consistency in care.
6. Triage resident, families, referral source, and employee questions and issues as appropriate.
7. Inputs and maintains appropriate documentation.
8. Assists in orientation and training of new employees.
9. Manages and participates in on-call rotation for afterhours as dictated by agency policy.
10. Provides guidance and supervision to Aides for non-clinical performance issues.
11. Fosters effective teamwork among the Agency’s staff and community’s management team at large, to ensure high quality service and care and interdisciplinary cooperation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong customer service focus.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse work force and resident base.
· Excellent verbal and communication skills.
· Critical thinking skills including the ability to problem solve accordingly.
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
· Strong time management and organizational skills including attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· High school graduate or equivalent is required. Associate or higher degree preferred.
· Computer Proficiency required.
· Experience in home care, healthcare or an environment serving the senior population, preferred.
· Knowledge of scheduling preferred.