The Hospitality Associate is responsible for greeting all residents, staff and visitors in a warm, confident, and knowledgeable manner. She/he is the front line for Erickson Customer Service and calmly handles all questions and concerns efficiently and enthusiastically. This position is expected to take personal ownership of requests and provide efficient and accurate solutions and responses. She/he will perform administrative tasks as assigned. This position is responsible for developing positive relationships with residents and guests. The Hospitality Associate I partners with other members of the Resident Services team to provide personalized customer service and hospitality that exceeds expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living Communities philosophy, vision statement and culture
2. Handle all questions and concerns efficiently and enthusiastically, delivering timely solutions and responses.
3. Build and maintain rapport through positive, professional relationships with residents and visitors; holding contextual/relational conversations; using good judgment.
4. Simultaneously provide personalized and warm interactions with residents, staff and visitors. Maintain Resident engagement while multi-tasking.
5. Listen to any complaints. Communicate willingness and ability to own, drive, and resolve and follow-up on issues in a timely manner. Log resident feedback and escalate issues, as appropriate.
6. Establish and maintain accessibility to residents through visibility and good communication.
7. Work seamlessly as an entrusted team member, fluidly working with others at the front desk - passing down knowledge, information, and work (as needed) to others. Communicate with co-workers and departments via email and pass-down folder.
8. Answer and direct all calls efficiently
9. Monitor Emergency/Non-Emergency systems and appropriately dispatch to the appropriate departments.
10. Utilize on call list to obtain after hours assistance from appropriate departments
11. Operate two-way radio communications equipment
12. Monitor CCTV and utilize intercom system to screen visitors and grant access
13. Perform administrative assignments.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of respect and caring, commitment to diversity, integrity, responsibility, teamwork and a commitment to excellence.
• Ability to maintain composure; deal calmly with emergencies and ambiguity and to learn quickly when facing new problems. Must have situational awareness.
• Ability to listen, build rapport easily, communicate willingness and ability to own issues and drive timely resolutions. Ability to build constructive, professional, and effective relationships.
• Ability to communicate calmly with Residents, visitors, and all levels of staff; act in a reassuring manner and adept at diplomacy and tact while displaying good judgment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, utilizing good grammar and spelling
• Ability to organize information, paper, and files in an intuitive manner making accessing information quick and easy.
• Ability to use time and resources efficiently.
• Must have the ability to orchestrate multiple tasks and activities at the same time in order to accomplish a goal.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel). Can navigate quickly and efficiently between multiple IT systems and Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Previous experience with the general public, specifically seniors preferred.
• Proficient computer experience required.
• Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
Determine appropriate steps to assist Residents, Employees, and Guests.
This position may require protecting and safeguarding of confidential information.