Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County.
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
The Housekeeper will clean resident apartments as requested and scheduled through the work order system and assist with common area housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Clean all bathrooms including counters, mirrors, sinks, lavatories and fixtures in apartment and common areas.
· Vacuum carpeted areas and mop tile floors.
· Spot clean walls and windows.
· Dust furniture and empty trashcans.
· Clean baseboards, pictures, lights, and HVAC vents.
· Honor any additional housekeeping request made by the residents during the allotted time.
· Assist with picking up trash four (4) times a week.
· Assist with activity room set-ups, will require movement of furniture.
· Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well being of the resident.
· Perform any additional housekeeping tasks as necessary.
· Additionally, perform any duty requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General knowledge of housekeeping. Ability to use all required equipment. Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and must be able to motivate staff. Ability to operate all required equipment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Housekeeping experience preferred.
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver’s license.