Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, MD. 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
The Housekeeping Manger is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping staff to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Duties include (but are not limited to): maintaining a clean, safe, and comfortable environment, managing housekeeping function and staff. May require State licensing/certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the housekeeping functions of assigned personnel.
- Oversee the scheduling of work assignments.
- Review and resolve complaints from residents, departments and staff.
- Provide disciplinary steps related to problems with all staff, up to and including termination.
- Ensure timely evaluations and job training for all staff.
- Coordinate succession planning and career development initiatives for all members of the departments supervised.
- Order supplies and equipment necessary to maintain the cleanliness of all facilities.
- Inspect facilities to determine housekeeping needs and deficiencies.
- Create/Manage Budget for Housekeeping department
- Implement/Oversee proper environmental regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper cleanliness of all buildings. Ability to supervise.
High School diploma or GED. Some college may be considered in lieu of experience. Three to five years experience in housekeeping.