Maris Grove located in Glen Mills, Delaware County PA.
Work in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the Facilities Manager/Housekeeping Manager. Responsible for ensuring the clean, sanitary and presentable appearance of the buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares daily assignments, schedules to include established routine duties to housekeeping staff, as well as special areas.
• Tours (rounds) facility periodically, covering each assigned area to observe the housekeeping staff at work and to determine that instructions and safety rules are followed.
• Inspects premises to determine next assignments and to ensure that trash/garbage removal meets with health, safety and sanitation regulations including receiving dock areas and the grounds surrounding the area. Maintaining the cleanliness of all trash/garbage units.
• Introduces and instructs personnel on the use of new equipment and cleaning methods to provide a most efficient and economical method for maintaining the facility.
• Interviews employment candidates.
• Trains new employees, assigns tasks and closely supervises until fully trained. Coaches, counsels and disciplines housekeeping staff; performs interim and annual performance appraisals; terminates employment when necessary. Signs off on timesheets for employees.
• Maintains an inventory of housekeeping supplies, materials and equipment. Prepares requisitions for replacement inventory. Inspects equipment and furnishings and prepares work orders for maintenance.
• Determines that collection and distribution of linen meet the needs of the facility.
• Keeps records/audits, cycle cleaning, and common areas of the facility that have to be cleaned on a weekly, monthly, semi-monthly or annual basis.
• Investigate and resolve housekeeping related complaints.
• Additionally, perform any duty requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the facility. Ability to make quick and accurate decisions. Ability to effectively supervise a diverse employee work group. Willingness to work with the elderly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required. Two to three years experience in housekeeping operations. Clerical ability to direct and control housekeeping activities and evaluate cleanliness and neatness using policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Ability to stand on one’s feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking. Ability to push/pull a housekeeping cart, mop and bucket, vacuum, use of floor equipment, climbing ladder to 6/8 feet.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be exposed to occasional unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated chemicals). Handling of medical waste.