Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
This position is a Full-Time position and will be required to work Night Shift, 11pm - 7am, including every third weekend.
The Housekeeping Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Community, through the use of specialized equipment. Ensures proper handling and disposal of waste and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups. Assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/packages and maintains the Erickson Living Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
• Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
• Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
• Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
• Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
• Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
• Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and carts.
• Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
• Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment
• May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
• Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as changes in behavior.
• Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
• Practices safety, infection control, and Universal Precautions.
• Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services, as required.
• Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery.
• Perform other duties as requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
• Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
• Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the allotted time.
• Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
• Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special projects worker
• Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.
• Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy).
• Basic computer skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment.