SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Community, through the use of specialized equipment. Ensures proper handling and disposal of waste and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups. Assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/packages.
What we offer:
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees
- Tuition reimbursement and career development opportunities
- Fully supplied, state of the art buildings with 24 hour security
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
• Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
• Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
• Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.
• Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check
• Basic computer skills preferred.
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment.
Ability to lift/move 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a assistive device or get assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand on ones feet for a long period of time; bending and extensive walking; use hands to grip or feel; reach with hands and arms; push and pull a cart, mop/bucket, use of floor equipment; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• Frequent contact with residents, resident pets, other employees, and visitors.
• May be required to work in the outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
• Works in apartments, offices, bathrooms, common areas, trash rooms, corridors, trash vehicles, loading dock, outdoor trash bins, compactors, storage rooms, mechanical rooms and maintenance yards.
Must be able to multi-task, be customer service focused, reliable, and have a positive attitude. Our commitment to our employees shows in many ways, including our family-friendly benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision plans, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401k Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement.