Erickson Living is currently one of the largest senior housing developers and managers in the United States and ideally positioned for continued growth. We are expanding and developing in all of our communities which will reinforce our position as a national leader in senior housing and health care services.
We are currently hiring for a Leave Administration Specialist in our corporate HR department who is responsible for administering all aspects of the FMLA and disability leave programs, including FMLA and ADA. This individual will pro-actively communicate with management and employees about leave availability and requirements, administer leave, and coordinate leave with disability insurance, workers’ compensation, and paid time off.
How you will make an impact:
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the leave programs (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.) in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of the Leave Administration Manager and Legal department. Must maintain up-to-date working knowledge of relevant laws. Researches to gain necessary information applicable to the case management process.
- Requires independent judgement, to approve and/or deny leave cases based on relevant medical information. Follow ups with employees to obtain clarity around information provided. Coordinates and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Ensure quality standards for leave administration are met. Implement continuous quality improvement process whenever efficiencies or quality standards are not met.
- Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Demonstrates adherence to values and performance guidelines, including complete and accurate documentation.
- Manages requests for other types of disability-related leave, including leave requested as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA and leave arising out of a work-related injury or illness. Works with the community HR teams/leaders to ensure all applicable leave laws are considered and applied, and coordinates with paid time off and other leave and insurance programs.
- Works closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintains appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinates all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
- Handles the coordination of benefits with employees on leave to arrange for payment of benefits as well as having knowledge of disability programs i.e. short-term and long-term.
- Responsible for administrative aspects of the cases and claims to include system updates, tracking hours used/taken.
What we require:
- Associate’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in FMLA/ADA/Leave of Absence administration; or related experience, i.e., clinical administration, ADA or Workers Compensation case management.
- Requires excellent customer service skills and an ability to deal with difficult and stressful situations.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, and HRIS (PeopleSoft and Kronos preferred).